What is two-factor authentication (or 2FA)?
Two-factor authentication is an enhanced protection for your account.
To activate 2FA in @AnyCashBot you can:
- add email;
- or add a Google Authenticator account.
How to set up two-factor authentication in @AnyCashBot?
Option 1. Setting up 2FA by means of an email.
1. In the 🛠 Settings section, select 🔒 Two-factor authentication → E-mail.
2. Enter your email;
3. Enter the code sent to your email;
4. Email has been added successfully. Now it is enough to go to the 🔒 Two-factor authentication section again and click Enable E-mail.
Option 2. Setting up 2FA by means of Google Authenticator.
1. You need to install the Google Authenticator application on your phone:
- download on Android;
- download on IOS (available for iPhone and iPad)
2. In @AnyCashBot, go to the 🛠 Settings section; select 🔒 Two-factor authentication → Add a new Google Auth account.
3. Next, in the bot itself, you need to enter the name of the account (you choose the name yourself). After that, a new account will be created.
4. In Google Authenticator on your smartphone, tap on ➕ → Enter the setup key. Enter your account name and 16-digit secret key (generated by the bot).
5. After successful account registration, copy the 6-digit code generated in the application. Go back to @AnyCashBot and enter this code.
The 6-digit code is not permanent and has a short duration (usually 20 or 30 seconds) and is kept only in the program.
6. Google Authenticator account has been added successfully. Now it is enough to go to the 🔒 Two-factor authentication section again and click Enable Google Auth account.
@AnyCashBot has the ability to add multiple Google Authenticator accounts, as well as remove existing ones.
❗Be careful, because if you lose your phone, delete your Google Authenticator account, or delete the application itself, access to two-factor authentication will be lost (see Lost access).