Transaction search on the ETH network
Transaction search on the network happens with the help of blockchain explorers. Blockchain explorers are services (platforms) for searching and checking all transactions on the network of one or another cryptoasset. With their help, you can find out detailed information about transactions, addresses, etc. Since cryptocurrency transfers are publicly available, it is very easy to find them.
The search for a transaction on the network is carried out by:
- sender address;
- recipient address;
- transaction hash (for details, see Transaction hash and confirmation).
If you are trying to find a transaction using the address of the sender / recipient, it is also important to know the date, time and amount of the transfer to identify it.
You can find an ETH transaction on the Ethereum network with the help of such blockchain explorers as:
How to find an ETH transaction on the network?
For example, let's take the Etherscan.io blockchain explorer and go through the process of how exactly to search for an ETH transaction on the network.
1. Go to the Etherscan.io website.
2. Paste the address of the sender / recipient or the hash of the transaction into the search bar.
If you use the hash of the transaction for searching, then in this case you will immediately get to the page of the required transfer, since the hash is a unique identifier of the transaction.
3. General information about the sender / recipient will be displayed by the search address.
4. Below on the page find the Transactions section. Find the desired transaction in the general list of transfers.
5. Next, you can either look through the general data of the transaction, or click on the transfer ID, and view advanced information.